When going through a major life transition such as downsizing, divorce, business liquidations, bankruptcy or settling an estate, you may have to establish the value of your belongings. A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC., offers a full line of appraisal services to meet your evaluation needs. We have conducted thousands of appraisals; we are certified, experienced, and able to offer the following types of appraisal services:
- Estate Appraisals – When a person passes away, it is necessary to place a value on all the assets of the deceased including real property such as a home and the contents within. This type of appraisal determines the Fair Market Value of real estate and personal property and is effective as of the date of death. This is used to determine State and Federal Estate taxes that may be owed. These values may also be used to determine the dollar value of items that are divided among heirs.
- Insurance Appraisals – This type of appraisal is used to determine the replacement value of a particular item. This is usually required when insuring personal property against theft, damage, or destruction. The actual monetary value in this type of appraisal includes the actual replacement cost of the item and associated time to find the exact item being replaced.
- Divorce Appraisals – When a divorce occurs, an appraisal of the property owned by both parties is usually required to determine the value of Real Estate and Personal property that will be divided as part of a divorce settlement. The division of assets in a divorce settlement is usually based on the current Fair Market Value of the assets.
- Bankruptcy Appraisals – This type of appraisal is used to establish a liquidation value on Real and Personal property. If a bankruptcy occurs, an appraisal is usually required by the entity overseeing the bankruptcy to establish value on assets that need to be liquidated to repay creditors.
- Specialty Appraisals – We network with local and regional attorneys to perform specialty collection appraisals such as coins, firearms, decoys, etc.
Dave Allen has acquired the prestigious C.A.G.A. (Certified Appraisers Guild of America) designation, and M.P.P.A. (Master Personal Property Appraiser) designation. Dave Allen is one of only a few C.A.G.A. & M.P.P.A. certified appraisers on the entire Delmarva Peninsula.
Personal Property Appraisal Guarantee
We understand that time is invaluable so we will have your personal property appraisal postmarked no later than 48 hours from the time we leave the property, or the appraisal is FREE!! This applies to standard personal property appraisals completed by Dave Allen. *Bankruptcy, Specialty & Insurance Value appraisals may require additional time to complete.