Lot 11, Village Down River
5270 Safe Harbor Way, Salisbury, MD
Together with deeded boat slip # D-15
Direct Wicomico Riverfront Home Site!
Lot Features: Spectacular views, recorded survey, high elevation, no marsh in front of lot, deeded 30 ft. deep-water boat slip included. Located in Wicomico County’s premier waterfront community! This green community has NO city taxes, central sewer available, and well lighted streets. This lot is already planted with grass and is one of the premier locations in Salisbury. Only 5 minutes to Downtown Salisbury & the Rt. 13 bypass, this property is an excellent choice for anyone’s dream home.
Pre-Auction Offers Will Be Considered
This lot was originally listed for $399,000!
Online Only Auction. Bids Due by 5PM April 23rd, 2012.
Pre-Registration is Required.
Community Information Courtesy of Village Down River website.
Salisbury’s Only Gated Riverfront Community
The Village Down River is a secluded enclave of scenic waterfront, while providing the type of residential comfort that you would expect from an upscale, gated community. We are offering 49 estate home lots for sale, far enough away from the city to feel like you are in the country.
As an environmentally friendly community, we offer miles of nature trails, community enjoyment of three bodies of water, and site plans that emphasize environmental best practices. Our goal is to create a unique, one-of-a-kind community which shows that we can all improve the environment while enjoying a fantastic standard of living.
Due to our location on the Delmarva Peninsula, we’re just a few hours away from major metropolitan areas like Washington DC, Baltimore, Annapolis, Dover, Philadelphia, and Norfolk. Our lower cost of land and living create a unique opportunity for buyers who are looking for to build their future retirement home to stretch their dollars while still enjoying a luxurious standard of living.
The Village Down River is a low impact, private community that will consist of 49 single family homes. This exclusive 150 acre community offers the security of lighted streets, the convenience of downtown Salisbury, and deep water boat slips with 4000′ of waterfront to create a private natural sanctuary.
Waterfront Real Estate
Located at the intersection of the Wicomico River, White’s Creek, and Saber Creek, the Village Down River community consists of 150 acres of direct waterfront real estate. The community’s shoreline will be protected with soft engineering techniques that minimize erosion while protecting the surrounding bodies of water. A 1600’ pier will allow owners and guests to dock boats from 18′ to 100′ in a deep water slip. The 16′ wide pier will provide a 1000′ prominated for taking in beautiful sunset views on your private pier.
To preserve this beautiful location, the developers have created a green community where the landscape is carefully architected to create a sanctuary for homeowners and local wildlife. Half of the community’s land has been dedicated to open spaces. The property’s pristine wetlands, woodlands, wildlife ponds, and fields will contain over 2 miles of hiker/biker trails for your recreational enjoyment. With such a diverse habitat just a short walk away, bird watchers and nature lovers will delight at everyday opportunities to observe the Shore’s diverse wildlife in a natural setting.
Community activities will take place at the White Manor Community Building. This historic, renovated structure will offer a children’s play area and a picnic area available for the community’s use. A full-time caretaker will live in the building’s second floor apartment, who will be responsible for management of the community’s open spaces and the special needs of the homeowners.
A Truly Beautiful, Secluded, Natural, Exclusively Private Community
When discerning people look to escape from the hustle of civilization, they look for a place their family can enjoy today and where they may one day retire. The Village Down River is that place. It is a truly beautiful, secluded, natural, exclusive community “where nature comes ashore.”
The Village Down River project is located at 27410 Riverside Drive Extended, Salisbury, Maryland. It is located at the convergence of the Wicomico River to the West, White’s Creek to the North, and Saber Creek to the South.
– A renovated historical circa 1820 community, with a welcoming front porch, for meetings and gatherings.
– An exclusive deep water harbor.
– A community pier for the private use of the community homeowners for strolling, sitting, reading and enjoying beautiful sunsets.
– A canoe and kayak launch available from the private piers.
– A fishing pier.
– Over two miles of hiker / trails through edges of wetlands and woodlands.
– A private children’s play area.
– Community organic garden plots.
-Located 4 miles from downtown Salisbury, known as the “Crossroads of Delmarva.” .
– Less than 4 miles from Salisbury University, a highly respected regional institution offering many graduate programs.
– Within 5 miles of Peninsula Regional Medical Center, the regional class one trauma center.
– 10 miles from the Salisbury Wicomico Airport, the second largest airport in Maryland.
-Half an hour from the Atlantic Ocean and the resort town of Ocean City, MD.
– Half an hour boat ride to the Chesapeake Bay
– Situated in a deep water harbor, the 49 slip marina will include a 1600’ long x 16’ wide above water pier. The marina will serve boats up to 100 ’ long.
– The Chesapeake Bay is only a half hour boat ride from the marina.
– A tree buffered boat trailer storage area will be provided for the exclusive use of the homeowners.
– Over 1600 ’ of direct waterfront pier will be available for private use of the homeowners.
– The community density will be approximately one home for every three acres, or about one acre per person. This will include over 80 acres of open space for recreation.
– The developer has taken great care to protect the existing natural features of the land, while providing additional wildlife habitat and reforestation of residual land to establish a natural wildlife sanctuary.
– More than 2 miles of hiking trails winding through pristine and private wetlands.
– State of the art private waste water system
-Only 49 estate houses will be built in the community.
– The community will be protected by an entrance gate. Wild life ponds, large open fields, and tree lined buffers will create a private sanctuary and private enclave.
– A community building with wrap around porch has been historically restored. The second floor will be an apartment for the community’s groundskeeper, who will be available for the homeowner’s special needs.
– The architectural design of each home must be reviewed and approved to comply with the project’s image of “Gentle Waterfront Living.”